[Linux-cluster] No storage cluster configuration

Celso K. Webber celso at webbertek.com.br
Wed Aug 16 10:42:40 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Does anyone from Red Hat would tell me if Red Hat supports a no external
storage environment when using RH Cluster Suite and DRDB for replicating
data beetween cluster nodes?

When customers come to us arguing that IBM is offering SuSE Cluster
solutions without the need of an external storage, we usually tell them
to go on if they don't value their data. IBM on its turn tells that DRDB
is stable enough for production, even when using Oracle database on top
of it.

We have lost some projects because of this "magical solution" of using
DRDB instead of an external storage, but we are still against deploying
production cluster solutions using DRDB or similar solutions.

So, if we are certain that a DRDB (or similar solution) is supported by
Red Hat when used in conjunction with RH Cluster Suite, maybe we could
compete with those IBM + Novell SuSE solutions.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Celso.
--
*Celso Kopp Webber*