[Linux-cluster] No storage cluster configuration

Riaan van Niekerk riaan at obsidian.co.za
Wed Aug 16 20:45:16 UTC 2006

>> So, if we are certain that a DRDB (or similar solution) is supported by
>> Red Hat when used in conjunction with RH Cluster Suite, maybe we could
>> compete with those IBM + Novell SuSE solutions.
>
> We're certain it's not supported right now out of the box, since we
> don't ship DRBD.  Using it as part of a <script> resource is perfectly
> valid, since we do not help with the contents of users' scripts.
>
> Note that the GNBD + Cluster Mirroring paradigm is like DRBD++ - it
> supports concurrent writes.

I wish someone comfortable with GNDB and LVM Cluster Mirroring would
write a howto/walkthrough to do this. I am going to try my luck
submitting this question to kbase.redhat.com : How do I use GNDB + LVM
Cluster Mirroring to simulate shared storage without a physically shared
storage array? I know they will take their time if they even decide to
answer it, so is anyone willing to try writing one?

It would be great if this could move past the ingredients phase ("use A,
B and C") to the recipe phase ("first you ..."). There is definitely a
huge demand for "pseudo-shared storage" clustering, based on what I have
heard from my customers and what I have seen on this list.

(If I knew that opening a Service Request for that howto I might be
compelled to do it.)