[Linux-cluster] filesystem consistency error

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Fri Aug 25 14:09:13 UTC 2006

Nickolay wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Kernel 2.6.17.8 + latest GFS source from CVS.
> 3 node in the cluster.
>
> [43165234.490000] GFS: fsid=tz23_cluster:tz23_home.0: fatal:
> filesystem consistency error
Hi Nickolay,

Looks like something may have corrupted your file system.
This can be caused by a number of different things.  For example,
if you were to run gfs_fsck from one node while the file system was
still mounted on another node.

Also, just a note:  When you say "latest GFS source from CVS" it's not clear
to me whether you mean HEAD or STABLE.  If you didn't specify in your
cvs checkout, then it uses HEAD.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite