[Linux-cluster] gfs atime perf question

FM dist-list at LEXUM.UMontreal.CA
Fri Aug 25 19:41:40 UTC 2006

Hello,
I just installed a 4 nodes webfarm (using direct routing).
a cron on each server check a file ($netconfig on GFS) like this :

if ! find $netconfig -anewer $netconfig | grep -q $netconfig ; then
    echo "cluster node $node : $netconfig has changed, reconfiguring
network ..."
    "$netsetup"
fi

So when I update the file, every server run $netsup. this is my way to
configure IP and arptables.

But as I know now, the atime is updated every hour. So my first option
would be to tune this to 60 instead of 3600. But I suppose that I will
have a perf issue ?? Do you have tips to handle that kind of scenario :
watch a file for modification ?

Thanks !