[Linux-cluster] Transport independent cluster framework.

Aneesh Kumar K.V aneesh.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 16:02:31 UTC 2006

I am right now working on http://ci-linux.sf.net project. This project provides a nice framework for writing kernel based cluster services without being worried about the transport. The transport can be TCP, sctp, tipc, infiniband etc. Right now TCP is impemented and work is happening on infiniband using verbs. The purpose of this mail is to find out whether there is sufficient interest in this framework. I have taken the code at http://ci-linux.sf.net and cleaned it up a lot. The result of the work can be found at

http://git.openssi.org/~kvaneesh/gitweb.cgi?p=ci-to-linus.git;a=summary

The git repository also contain a simple test case which should give you an idea about how easy it is to write cluster services with the framework. Also with respect to OpenSSI project the code base have been used extensively. So we can be sure the code is robust and handle corner cases.

I also recently made a 0.1 release of the cleaned up code base. You can find the details at  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ssic-linux-devel&m=115659520310003&w=2

Let me know if  you are interested. If you are looking for a particular feature please let me know.

-aneesh