[Linux-cluster] Shared Storage and Quorum device

Greg Forte gforte at leopard.us.udel.edu
Thu Aug 31 10:37:36 UTC 2006

As others have mentioned, shared storage is not required in RHEL4/CS4;
you haven't said what version you're running, but since you pasted links
to the CS4 docs, I'll draw that conclusion (aside to redhat maintainers
- why is it that the documentation doesn't seem to explicitly state what
version(s) it covers anywhere?)

In a 2-node cluster, quorum is achieved when 1 node is down by
configuring the two_node option in cluster.conf (see 'man cman').
Essentially, the cluster is _always_ quorate, as long as cman is running
on at least one node.  If you don't configure this option, then the
cluster can only be quorate if both nodes are up (if I understand
correctly).

-g