[Linux-cluster] Clustering MySQL DB

Mehdi Sarmadi msarmadi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 15:36:09 UTC 2006

Hi

  Thanks Robert, I've read that. I'm just wondering what model does RH
Cluster Suite uses for clustering MySQL. I know much about MySQL
Cluster & Replication. I'm looking for cluster suites e.g. Redhat or
Sun. I wonder how cluster suite cope with
 - known replication problems and
 - cluster unawareness of MySQL engine and
 - shared-nothing policy that mysql does.

  I heard of something here:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2006-June/msg00158.html

  Afterall, I look for what Redhat proposes and recommend for
HA/Failover and Clustering for MySQL.

Looking fwd to your reply
Best Regards

On 12/1/06, Robert Peterson <rpeterso at redhat.com> wrote:
> Mehdi Sarmadi wrote:
> > Dear All
> >
> >  Where could I find out more about Clustering MySQL using redhat
> > solutions/models and Pros/Cons?
> >
> > TIA
> > Regards
> >
> Hi Mehdi,
>
> Well, I'd start with the cluster faq, here:
> http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#gfs_mysql
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob Peterson
> Red Hat Cluster Suite