[Linux-cluster] Multi GFS File System

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 15:50:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 16:14 +0100, aleava at libero.it wrote:

> My doubt is that the sources I download from CVS are not "stable";
> where can I find a stable release?

The STABLE or RHEL4 branches are considered stable..  If you found a
bug, it is also probably in the Red Hat supported products - so it will
need to be fixed.

> <clusternodes>
> <clusternode name="recorder" votes="1">
> <fence/>

... should be:
  <fence>
    <method name="1">
      <device name="Manual_Fencing" nodename="recorder"/>
    </method>
  </fence>

> </clusternode>
> <clusternode name="data_server" votes="1">
> <fence/>

... should be:
  <fence>
    <method name="1">
      <device name="Manual_Fencing" nodename="data_server"/>
    </method>
  </fence>

> </clusternode>
> </clusternodes>
> <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
> <fencedevices>
> <fencedevice agent="fence_manual" name="Manual_Fencing"/>
> </fencedevices>
> <rm>

You don't need a failoverdomain if you have no resources/services
defined.  (You don't need one in your case even if you do; having no
failover domain == same as unordered failoverdomain of all nodes in the
cluster; which is exactly what you defined below :) ).

> <failoverdomains>
> <failoverdomain name="Failover_Domain" ordered="0" restricted="1">
> <failoverdomainnode name="recorder" priority="1"/>
> <failoverdomainnode name="data_server" priority="1"/>
> </failoverdomain>
> </failoverdomains>
> <resources/>
> </rm>