[Linux-cluster] Bottleneck hunting... (GFS Performance)

Wendy Cheng wcheng at redhat.com
Tue Dec 12 15:40:30 UTC 2006

HAWKER, Dan wrote:

>Additional questions, but linked...
>
>Is there anywhere some more detailed documentation for gfs_tool, more
>specifically the tuning parameters???
>
>The man page simply says you can get a list, but there are many more
>parameters than explanations of them in the man pages/docs (as far as I can
>tell anyway).

These tunables are normally for GFS internal development purpose and
they come and go easily. If you take Red Hat GLS performance tuning
class (https://www.redhat.com/training/), I think they have a section to
describe that.

There was an early draft document that Dave Teigland helped me to write
up in my people's page. You can take a look
(http://people.redhat.com/wcheng/Patches/GFS/gfs_tune.txt) but I don't
think it is very useful unless you know enough GFS internals.

-- Wendy