[Linux-cluster] FW: GFS - kernel crash

Krikler, Samuel krikler_samuel at diligent.com
Thu Dec 21 12:36:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

We have moved to RedHat4 uppdate 4, and started working with the quorum
disk feature (we have 2 node clusters) and start getting kernel crashes.

1.	Configuration:

	a.	Cluster Suite (u4) and GFS (6.1.6) on the top of rhel 4
u4.
	b.	Two nodes.
	c.	Fence device - brocade switch.
	d.	Attached please find a xml configuration file.
	e.	Quorum disk on top of CLVM

2.	Scenario:

	a.	Configure gfs on two nodes.
	b.	Start all cluster and GFS services, mount FS by autofs.
	c.	mkqdisk  -c /dev/vg_qdisk/lv_qdisk -l test_qdisk
(according to the man)
	d.	one of the sides didn't find quorum on disk (mkqdisk -L
return empty result).
	e.	Trying to stop GFS caused kernel panic (consistently
several times).
	f.	The last lines in telnet session were :

Cluster Service Manager is stopped.

Unmounting GFS filessystems: ....

The stack I get with the kernel panic:

- lock_dlm: lm_dlm_unlock

- gfs: gfs_glock_drop_th

- gfs:gfs_glock_dq

- gfs:gfs_make_fs_ro

- generic_shutdown_super

- dummy_inode_permission

- sys_umount

- error_exit

Have anyone experienced or is aware of this problem?

Are we doing something we shouldn't be doing?

Any advice will be appreciated ...

Thanks,

Samuel.