[Linux-cluster] Linux Cluster

Ciril Ignatious T ciril at hcl.in
Wed Feb 1 03:57:06 UTC 2006

Dear Suvankar

Oracle RAC  itself is a failover and  loadbalancing cluster.So there is
no need for a cluster suite for the HA functionality.
You can directly install RHEL 3.0/4.0 in both machines and configure 10
RAC on top of OS.
There is a very good documentation in the 10g RAC CD on how to set up
the cluster.

Also what do you mean by OS level cluster?

Regards

Ciril

SUVANKAR MOITRA wrote:
> dear rajesh,
>
> Then what about Oracle 10g rac? How oracle 10g rac to
> be install ? I am using rhel as4 , redhat cluster
> suite4 and oracle 10g rac. I want to build a   cluster
> in os level as well as database level.
>
> I am using follwing Hardware:----
>
> 1> Hp dl380g4 x 2nos
> 2> Hp Msa500 storage x 1 no
>
> what are the steps for the follwing installation.Pl
> send  me a proper document for the above.
>

> regards
>
> Suvankar Moitra
>

> --- Rajesh singh <singh.rajeshwar at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Dear Suvankar,
>> Its not quite clear as to what is your requirement.
>> do you have a copy of RHE 3/4 and a copy of cluster
>> suite
>> if yes than install OS on either server, connect
>> MSA500, install cluster
>> suite on both machine and configure cluster.
>> regards
>>
>> On 1/10/06, Suvankar Moitra
>> <suvankar_moitra at pcstech.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I'm looking for an installing and configuring
>>>
>> procedure for RedHat Cluster
>>
>>> suite .
>>> We have 2 servers HP Proliant DL380 G4 (RedHat
>>>
>> Advanced Server 4) attached
>>
>>> by  HP MSA500 storage and we want to install and
>>>
>> configure Cluster suite .
>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>>> Suvankar
>>>

>>> --
>
>>> --

> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This e-mail contains confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient
> (or have received this e-mail in error)please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
> Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, use or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

CIRIL IGNATIOUS T
R & D ENGINEER
HCL INFOSYSTEMS LTD
PONDICHERRY