[Linux-cluster] fencing and node relation?

Omer Faruk Sen omer at faruk.net
Sat Feb 4 21:00:57 UTC 2006

I have found my own answer:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/docs/html/rh-cs-en-4/s1-config-powercontroller.html#FIG-SOFT-PWRCTRLR

Select the !!! member for which you want to configure a power controller
connection !!! and click Manage Fencing For This Node. The Fence
Configuration dialog box is displayed as shown in Figure 3-8. Also taking
a look to usage.txt:

<clusternode name="nd02">
	<fence>
		<method name="single">
			<device name="apc1" port="2"/>
		</method>
	</fence>
</clusternode>

<clusternode name="nd03">
	<fence>
		<method name="single">
			<device name="human" nodename="nd03"/>
		</method>
	</fence>
</clusternode>

it shows that fencing devices are IN the clusternode knob..

> Hi,
>
> There is one issue that I don't grasp with fencing devices.. I will a 2
> node cluster with dl140 (using fence_ipmilan) but what I don't understand
> is how will I relate a cluster node with the fencing device that this
> cluster node connected.
>

> For example I have node1 and node2
>
> node1: 192.168.1.1
> node2: 192.168.1.2
> node1_ipmi: 192.168.1.253
> node2_ipmi: 192.168.1.254
>
> using system-config-cluster I can't see how to relate node1 and node1_ipmi
> so in the event of failure of node1 node2 can send node1_ipmi reboot
> message
>

> --
> Omer Faruk Sen
> http://www.faruk.net