[Linux-cluster] disjunct services in cluster

Karl Podesta kpodesta at redbrick.dcu.ie
Fri Feb 10 15:34:05 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:17:18PM +0100, Jure Pe?ar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to configure two services in my cluster that must run on different
> nodes at all times. I don't want them to run on the same node.
>
> I don't see a clear way how to do that, neither from documentation nor from
> cluster config gui. Is it possible at all?

What version of Cluster Suite are you running?

There is an option (checkbox) somewhere in the GUI of Cluster Suite 4
to allow "run exclusively on this node", I think in the section for
adding a service. Can't remember seeing it in the documentation, I
remember it being hard to find.

Alternatively you could try creating a failover domain specifically
for that service, so that it will only failover (once started) onto
nodes you specify in that domain, although the above solution is the
one you should probably use if you can find it.

Kp
--
Karl Podesta
Systems Engineer