[Linux-cluster] Fencing agents on DELL PowerEdge servers

Andrew C. Dingman adingman at cook-inc.com
Fri Feb 10 21:10:50 UTC 2006

I'm not entirely sure I know which cluster suite versions you mean, but
using the cluster suite sold for with RHEL 3 all the fencing devices
were Perl scripts. I managed to write a couple of my own using the
examples, one a modified agent for APC 7901 power strips and one for
DRAM/MC devices in blad chassis. The DRAC/MC one is vastly simpler, and
it seems that one for a regular drac would be even a bit easier. Cluster
Suite in RHEL 4 supports DRACs out of the box in the GUI, though I
haven't tested it.

If you want my dracmc fencing agent as a starting point for your own
DRAC fencing agent, you can find it posted to this list about a year
ago. There's also one that was in CVS at the time using Dell's "racadm"
utility.