[Linux-cluster] Any idea on a stop problem with CS4 ?

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 14:40:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 10:15 +0100, Alain Moulle wrote:
> Hi
>
> We use a 2 nodes cluster to manage failover services via dedicated scripts.
> Using clusvcadm -r <service_name> to migrate a service from one node
> to the other, it happens from time to time that the CS4 is stuck with
> "service_name stopping" diagnostic.

Could you let us know:

- architecture
- dlm-kernel package version
- rgmanager version
- service XML structure
- if possible, the service script itself (though this is the least
likely problem)

If you can, install the corresponding -debuginfo packages so we can get
a backtrace of the rgmanager daemon.

> The stop target of the script associated with the service is not called. Subsequent
> clusvcadm -d <service_name> calls return a success diagnostic but do
> effectively strictly nothing : the service script is not called.

There's a segfault (which is fixed in RHCS4U3 beta and CVS) which might
explain the behavior.

-- Lon