[Linux-cluster] Link Status

Luis Godoy Gonzalez lgodoy at atichile.com
Tue Feb 28 14:25:27 UTC 2006

Hi

I have installed RH Cluster Suite 4 U2.

My problem is with Link status for IP associated to one service.
If I loose connectivity with my router  the service restarts every 2
minutes.

I have a similar problem with other Cluster ( Sun Cluster ), in this
case I configured 3 default router.
But in Linux  it is not clear  for me if  I can  do the same ( over one
interface ).

Is it possible to configure a pool of alternate IP addresses for Link
status checking??
Is it possible to configure multiple default routers on one interface ??

The service in the cluster are acesible primarily from local network,
the router access is not prority for service operation.
In this moment I disabled link status check, but I'am wish found a
better solution.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Luis G.