[Linux-cluster] Linux Virtual Server Vs RedHat Cluster

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:38:58 UTC 2006

Hello all,
   I am a beginner in the world of cluster and high availability. I
have two mid-range servers (DELL) intended for web hosting. Each has
it's own disk storage of some TB each. I don't have any shared storage
for both of these servers. Both the servers are loaded with FC-4.
Currently one of the server is active(other one is not functional).
Now I need to cluster both these machines , so that I can make the
servers high available and high performance. But still the priority is
for High-Availability. I have tested different cluster suites
including redhat clusters. But I'm confused in benchmarking these
software.
Yesterday I came across Linux Virtual Server. I have read the
documents at  http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/browse/rh-cs-en/pt-lvs.html.
Now I'm confused more ..
I'll be greatly obliged if someone can help in making a decision
between redhat cluster suite and linux virtual server. If somebody
have experience in both these kindly provide a comparative study
including their pros & cons.
Applications that are intended to be deployed are:
apache, openldap, mysql, postgresql, asterisk, openvpn.

thanks in advance
regards
Manilal