[Linux-cluster] DLM error

Andrew J. Forgue forgue at oakland.edu
Wed Jan 18 20:25:23 UTC 2006

David Teigland wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 12:18:46PM -0500, Andrew J. Forgue wrote:
>> I have a 2-node cluster (briscoe & mccoy) running RHEL4U2 with
>> associated CVS sources that I compiled yesterday (from that branch) and
>> I'm getting an error when starting CLVMd:
>>
>> "DLM: connect from non cluster node"
>
> Whatever IP the names in cluster.conf resolve to is what cman+dlm try to
> use.  What does cman_tool nodes and status show?
>
> Dave

Thanks Dave,

We created new hostnames for both machines (briscoe-i & mccoy-i) that
resolve to their proper internal ip addresses.  However, clvmd still
gets that message and then goes into "Ds" state.  Here's the output of
cman_tool status from both nodes:

---
[root at briscoe-i ~]# cman_tool nodes
Node  Votes Exp Sts  Name
   1    1    1   M   mccoy-i
   2    1    1   M   briscoe-i
---
[root at mccoy-i ~]# cman_tool status
Protocol version: 5.0.1
Config version: 20
Cluster name: appsvr
Cluster ID: 6602
Cluster Member: Yes
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 2
Expected_votes: 1
Total_votes: 2
Quorum: 1
Active subsystems: 3
Node name: mccoy-i
Node addresses: 10.0.3.11
---
[root at briscoe-i ~]# cman_tool status
Protocol version: 5.0.1
Config version: 20
Cluster name: appsvr
Cluster ID: 6602
Cluster Member: Yes
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 2
Expected_votes: 1
Total_votes: 2
Quorum: 1
Active subsystems: 23
Node name: briscoe-i
Node addresses: 10.0.3.10
---
--- DNS entries
---
[root at briscoe-i ~]# host briscoe-i
briscoe-i.sys.oakland.edu has address 10.0.3.10
[root at briscoe-i ~]# host mccoy-i
mccoy-i.sys.oakland.edu has address 10.0.3.11
---
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster name="appsvr" config_version="20">
        <cman two_node="1" expected_votes="1">
        </cman>

        <clusternodes>
                <clusternode name="briscoe-i">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="drac">
                                        <device name="drac_briscoe"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="mccoy-i">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="drac">
                                        <device name="drac_mccoy"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
        </clusternodes>

       ... Some RGmanager stuff ...
</cluster>
---
--- dmesg output
---
CMAN: Waiting to join or form a Linux-cluster
CMAN: forming a new cluster
CMAN: quorum regained, resuming activity
DLM <CVS> (built Jan 17 2006 14:10:23) installed
dlm: connect from non cluster node

So now I'm at a loss as the IP addresses match their hostnames in our
DNS system now.

   Andrew