[Linux-cluster] WebFarm using RedHat cluster suite ?

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Thu Jan 19 08:14:20 UTC 2006

Hello,
I think the best way to tell what storage or infrastructure would be the best
is to know more about your current setup and what issues with that you want
to get ahead of.
For example: if you really think about using iscsi, I don't think that SCSI or
SATA drives make a big difference - depending on how many drives you use. But
if all webservers currently have locally attached disk drives you want scale
too linar with exchanging and IDE/parallel-SCSI Bus with an network topology
using Ethernet.
But my opinion is: if you have a lot of I/Os make yourself mostly independent
from the latency of an ethernet and rethink about using Fibre-Channel with
GFS.

But the best advices could be made if you make your current setup and the
things you want to achieve more clearly.

Regards Marc.