[Linux-cluster] GFS and Oracle Clusterware

Frazier, Darrell USA CRC (Contractor) Darrell.Frazier at crc.army.mil
Thu Jan 19 20:26:22 UTC 2006

Hello. I'm sorry to post this here but after quite a bit of research, no one
using Oracle can give me an answer I am hoping someone on this list may have
gone through this and give me a pointer. I have a 2 node cluster running
RHEL4, RHCS and GFS with shared storage being an iscsi jbod. Since I am
unable to use OCFS2 I was hoping GFS would provide the cluster filesystem.
My problem is this: Oracle Clusterware installs fine until I need to run the
root.sh in which case I get the following:

[root at opt2 crs]# ./root.sh

WARNING: directory '/u02/app/oracle/product/10.2.0' is not owned by root

WARNING: directory '/u02/app/oracle/product' is not owned by root

WARNING: directory '/u02/app/oracle' is not owned by root

WARNING: directory '/u02/app' is not owned by root

WARNING: directory '/u02' is not owned by root

Checking to see if Oracle CRS stack is already configured

Setting the permissions on OCR backup directory

Setting up NS directories

PROT-1: Failed to initialize ocrconfig

Failed to upgrade Oracle Cluster Registry configuration

The GFS partitions are mounted as so:

mount -O datavolume,nointr -t gfs /dev/vg00/vg00 /u04

(mounted this way for the OCR and Voting Disk file directories)

Again, sorry to post this here, I am about at my wits end. Thanx in advance!

Darrell J. Frazier

Unix System Administrator

US Army Combat Readiness Center

Fort Rucker, Alabama 36362