[Linux-cluster] GFS on RedHat Enterprise 3 ES Update 6

Angela angela.p at spymac.com
Wed Jan 25 14:25:07 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I managed to upgrade to RedHat 3 ES Update 6 (kernel 2.4.21-37.EL) and I
installed GFS with this rpm packages:
- GFS-modules-smp-6.0.2.27-0.i686.rpm
- GFS-6.0.2.27-0.i386.rpm
- perl-Net-Telnet-3.02-1rh71.i386.rpm
First of all I would like to know if I'm using the right version; I have a
system composed by two servers and a diskarray (linked with the two servers
by a FC), in this configuration I don't understand which is the right
"fence" method; I tried with "manual" but, following the example C.3 in the
Administrator Guide I can't mount the gfs filesystems, the mount operation
hungs and I have to kill it.
I'd appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in advance,
Angela