[Linux-cluster] Redhat GFS 6.1 for sharing same storage from 4 nodes without High availability

Jonathan E Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 15:10:33 UTC 2006

Yes, you can use GFS for this.

What you are most likely concerned about in this case is coherency (and
a file system that can tolerate multiple machines mounting).  Note that
just because GFS is cluster-aware and won't corrupt itself, doesn't
mean your applications are suitably cluster-aware.  A first question
you could ask yourself is, "Could I run multiple copies of my
application on the same node successfully?"  If the answer is yes, then
you can probably run multiple copies of your app on different machines
when using GFS.

  brassow