[Linux-cluster] proper way to setup NFS

Lam tmlam at se.cuhk.edu.hk
Thu Jan 26 03:49:16 UTC 2006

I am wondering if there is a proper way to setup a NFS server using
system-config-cluster. I have created one by
- add resource "File System" to mount from share disk
- add resource "IP Address" for the service IP
- add resource "script" for using /etc/init.d/nfs
- add service for NFS using the three resources above
It works, but not sure if I will run into problem later.

However, there are NFS specific resources "NFS Export", "NFS Client".
That make me think maybe I am not doing in the proper way. I would
appreciate if anyone can outline the proper steps for setting up a NFS
server in a linux cluster.

One thing that is bordering me is the "NFS Export" resource. It only has
one field called Name. In redhat's document, it says "Enter a name for
the NFS export resource". What exactly should I enter here? Is it the
path to be exported?

TOA

TM Lam