[Linux-cluster] Performance of ES3+GFS6.0+GNBD+LOCK_GULM

Hong Zheng hong.zheng at wsdtx.org
Thu Jan 26 21:44:47 UTC 2006

Hi, all

My configuration is as follows: two directors configured as LVS-NAT or
LVS-DR, 4 GFS nodes as application servers which serve telnet and HTTP
services, 1 GNBD node which has iSCSI connection to our shared storage
server and 1 lock_gulm server. And before we ordered GFS we just used
nfs mount to a file server which is currently a GNBD, but the
performance is so slow for a certain application, since this application
has multiple loops to access large number of data. We thought GFS is
much more powerful than NFS, but not now. Do you have any idea to tune
GFS performance or better configuration for such a situation?

Thank you!