[Linux-cluster] gfs performance

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Mon Jan 30 13:12:51 UTC 2006

Jure Pečar wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:59:41 +0100
> Jure Pečar <pegasus at nerv.eu.org> wrote:
>

>> Here are the bonnie++ results: http://jure.pecar.org/gfs/
>>

> And then my ISP deceides to do some nightly maintenance ... oh well, it's
> accessible again.

I'm not sure what kind of disk backend you have, but you are probably
thrashing the heads on the disks, making the disks do a lot of seeks,
burning your performance.  I don't think this is a GFS performance issue
really.  You could try a memory backed disk with GFS on it, and see if
the performance falls at all.

Eric