[Linux-cluster] lvm2 with clusterlock problems with snapshot

Falk Hackenberger - MediaTransfer AG Netresearch & Consulting f.hackenberger at mediatransfer.de
Tue Jan 24 15:07:31 UTC 2006

Alasdair G Kergon schrieb:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 01:51:45PM +0100, Falk Hackenberger - MediaTransfer AG Netresearch & Consulting wrote:
>
>>so my testsetup with onde node works fine, exept the snapshot.
>>if I try to snapshot I get
>

> The current snapshot implementation is single-node, not clustered.
i know that.
I have understand that I can take a snapshot, an only the node on wich
the snapshot is taken can access on it, right?
maby I have understanding problem:
what the sense of clvmd?

> Trying to obtain an exclusive lock for the LV on that node and failing
> because your other node is already using it?
the other node is not running, an the cluster-manger noticed it, so
there should no problems with locks

falk