[Linux-cluster] GFS vs. ext3 performance

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Wed Jul 5 12:51:39 UTC 2006

Hi,

In a performance test with Oracle (using files with direct I/O) it
looks like GFS is a factor 2 (!) slower than ext3.  Can this be
true or should we be able to improve this by tuning etc.?

Tests are now done on a single node (of course the purpose is to
eventually use it in a real cluster using RHCS) and at this moment
we use GFS with lock_nolock.  Both GFS and ext3 are used with iSCSI
devices (on the same SAN) and everything is done with RHEL4 and the
latest updates.

Thanks for any suggestions,

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>