[Linux-cluster] What is the best method to assign file/folder rights for SAMBA cluster authenticating to AD?

Eric Kerin eric at bootseg.com
Thu Jul 6 17:49:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 13:31 -0400, Danny Wall wrote:
<SNIP>
> I suspect I need to use idmap with winbind.

Yup, your best bet is to use a different idmap setting.  Either setup an
LDAP backend for SID-uid mappings, or if you don't have any trusted
domains that need access to your server, you can use the idmap_rid
backend to generate one from the RID.  (see idmap backend in the
smb.conf man page)

Also, you could put the tdb files on the shared storage as well, but
using ldap or RID would probably be better in the long run.  That way
your uid values are constant across all your samba servers, this cluster
or otherwise.

Thanks,
Eric Kerin