[Linux-cluster] will upgrade of kernel with up2date mess up myinstall from source?

Cosimo Streppone cosimo at streppone.it
Mon Jul 10 06:49:26 UTC 2006

Kovacs, Corey J. wrote:

 >> [...]
>> Yes. 2.6.9-34.0.1 is broken as far as clustering is concerned.
>> There is a workaround, but you wouldn't want to do it that way.
>> Regards,
 >
> First I've heard of this, can you elaborate? What do you mean
> it's "broken as far as clustering is concerned" ?  Is it just
> that the stock GFS/CS RPM's are out of sync or is there something
> bad happening?

For my case, I upgraded a RHEL4U3 + CS4 machine with the
latest kernel (and all other packages, as suggested by the
RH tech support) and it failed at the next reboot with
upgraded kernel (2.6.9-34.0.1.ELsmp).

I opened a service request and we are still trying to
understand why that happened...

--
Cosimo