[Linux-cluster] configuration for two hosts directly connected

Jie Gao J.Gao at isu.usyd.edu.au
Sat Jul 15 08:02:17 UTC 2006

Hi All

Since logging for GFS seems to be a potential performance bottleneck, I
wonder, in a two-node cluster, if the two nodes are physically directly
connected and traffic between the two nodes are directed to use that
dedicated connection, using an additional interface on each node,
things would improve.

Supposing it will, how do we configure the interfaces on these
machines? Is there any existing documentation for this?

I suppose we would use something like this:

node A: 11.22.33.44
node B: 22.33.44.55

on node A:

route add -host 22.33.44.55 eth1