[Linux-cluster] upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1

Matthew B. Brookover mbrookov at mines.edu
Thu Jul 20 17:09:49 UTC 2006

I am working on a upgrade from Red Hat Enterprise 3 to Enterprise 4 and
GFS 6.0 to 6.1 and I have ran into a little snag.

The instructions say to use ccs_tool to upgrade the old CCA to a
new /etc/cluster/cluster.conf.  My CCA does not seem to be accessible
any longer because the pool manager is not available in Enterprise 4 or
GFS 6.1.

After some digging around, I determined that my old CCA was in /dev/sda1
on the SAN.  Just for grins, I tried:

[root at oneoften DEV_ACN_POOLS]# ccs_tool upgrade /dev/sda1
The specified device does not contain a CCS archive.

Failed to upgrade CCS configuration information.
[root at oneoften DEV_ACN_POOLS]#

Is there a procedure to wake up the pool manager under Enterprise 4 and
GFS 6.1?  Should I skip ccs_tool, write my own cluster.conf and then
convert the pools to LVM2?

Any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated.

This is a test cluster, the production cluster is still up and running
Enterprise 3.

Thank you,

Matt
mbrookov at mines.edu