[Linux-cluster] Known limits ?

Patton, Matthew F, CTR, OSD-PA&E Matthew.Patton.ctr at osd.mil
Mon Jul 24 14:49:35 UTC 2006

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

> There's nothing hard-coded in cman to limit the number of
> nodes to that amount
>  and I can't find anything obvious that should cause it to happen.

are the data structures sized appropriately to handle more than 32? I wonder
if there is a 32bit integer declaration somewhere that handles pointers or
something. maybe there is a bitmask variable to indicate up/down. If I
wanted to pass around a "nodes in cluster are up" variable, a 32bit integer
would be an easy choice since you can just mask or bit shift to find the
node you care about.