[Linux-cluster] GFS low preformance tuning

Marcin Mazurek M.Mazurek at netsync.pl
Wed Jul 26 08:13:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've set up 5 nodes cluster on a bladecenter system. All of them have two
GFS filesystem (lock_dlm) mounted via SAN storage. It works with defaults and
performance is bad.

I'm createing lots of small files on one node and on the other node I'm
trying to do simple 'ls' but it stucks. After several seconds it works
pretty normal but this is not the behavior i was expecting:)

Is there anything I can do to make it synchronize faster?

Any hints?

br

--
http://www.actus.org.pl/  - :::: -  nic-hdl: MM3380-RIPE
GnuPG 6687 E661 98B0 AEE6 DA8B  7F48 AEE4 776F 5688 DC89