[Linux-cluster] Configuring cluster for direct routing

Riaan van Niekerk riaan at obsidian.co.za
Tue Jun 6 08:22:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Rick Bansal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone setup a RH cluster using direct routing.  I read on the RH site
> that DR is not offically supported but can be done.  If anyone has any
> insight into this, your help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Rick Bansal

Where do you read that it is not supported? I remember reading something like that, but cannot find it in the RHCS manual. I have not set up Direct Routing in IPVS mysel, but this Red Hat Magazine Tips & Tricks
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/014dec05/departments/tips_tricks/ , second item, contains a nice writeup by Lon on how to do it. It does not say anything about being supported or not.

I would contact Red Hat Global Support Services and ask if it is supported. The SLA for Cluster Suite does not go into that level of detail (even though it explicitly excludes manual fencing for production workloads):
http://www.redhat.com/support/service/sla/defs_cluster/ha.html

Riaan