[Linux-cluster] Redhat Cluster Suite and PostgreSQL

John R. Allgood john at turbocorp.com
Wed Jun 7 13:53:56 UTC 2006

Hello

    I am new to this list and wanting to know if anyone is running
Redhat Cluster Suite 3 and PostreSQL. We are converting from a Progress
Database to a PostgreSQL Database. I have mulitple postmasters running
various databases and each database is defined as a service under the
cluster suite. I am running Redhat ES 3.0 Update 7 using Dual Opterons
with 8GB RAM. I am using a failover solution so I have two servers
primary/secondary and a shared data silo connected via fibre.
    I have various questions regarding clustering using the above
mentioned cluster suite. One of my first questions is does the each
service defined under the cluster suite need a seperate service ip. Also
I have remote power switches installed on this server does this replace
using software watchdog timers or is this used in conjunction with.

Thanks

John Allgood

--
I see the eigenvalue in thine eye,