[Linux-cluster] Problems with ccsd

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Tue Jun 13 13:47:53 UTC 2006

C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have setup two rhel4 U3 boxes with rhcs 4. When ccsd process tries
> to start returns me this error:
>
>  [root at srvimss1 init.d]# ccsd
> Failed to connect to cluster manager.
> Hint: Magma plugins are not in the right spot.
>
>  How can I fix this?? Where is the problem??
>
> --
> C.L. Martinez
> clopmart at gmail.com <mailto:clopmart at gmail.com>
Hi C.L.

I don't know about your particular scenario, but, every time I've gotten
this message in
the past, it's meant that I build the Red Hat Cluster Suite by hand
(i.e. compiling it, not
adding it with RPMs or up2date, etc.) and somehow did something wrong.

The solution I've used to fix it is:

cd cluster; make uninstall; make distclean; ./configure; make install

(Assuming the cluster suite source resides in directory "cluster").
If you installed from RPMs or through the GUI, this isn't the solution,
in which case you should let me know and I'll see what I can do.  I hope
this helps.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite