[Linux-cluster] GFS locking issues

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Thu Jun 15 19:09:59 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 01:43:25AM +0300, Anton Kornev wrote:

> Is there any ideas of how to fix this? I mean either the reason ('D'
> state of killed httpd-s) or consequences (the GFS filesystem fully or
> partially become unavailable after this).
>
> I also appreciate any help with debugging the problem.
>
> I tried gfs_tool lockdump with decipher_lockstate_dump tool.

I don't see anything wrong in the lockdumps you gave, although I'm not an
expert at interpreting gfs lockdumps.  Could you do a ps showing the wchan
for those processes?  Using sysrq to get a stack dump would also be useful.
You might also do a dlm lock dump and pick out those locks:
  echo "lockspace name" >> /proc/cluster/dlm_locks
  cat /proc/cluster/dlm_locks

I/O stuck in gnbd could also be a problem, I'm not sure what the signs of
that might be apart from possibly the wchan.

Dave