[Linux-cluster] PVFS, GFS - What do I need for...

Christophe Zwecker doc at zwecker.de
Thu Jun 22 16:56:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

im a newbie to clustering and have been browsing docs, irc and subcribed
to this list 2 days ago. I think I know now that GFS is not what we
need, id like to ask which system would be right for us:

We'll run 2 Linux Servers, one is backup in case the first one fails. im
looking into using the heartbeat project for that.
Theyll run

mysql
jboss
apache
openldap

jboss will store lots of pictures on a partition. We want to replicate
this partition constantly to the second server, so the jboss of server2
has access to those if it has to take over.
We wont be using a shared storage (right now for cost issues)

so is PVFS doing what we want?

I want the moment I copy a file to that special partition it to be
copies to the other server. so both server keep a local partition in sync...

thx for clearing things up for me.

Christophe
Christophe Zwecker                     mail: doc at zwecker.de
Hamburg, Germany                        fon: +49 179 3994867
http://www.zwecker.de

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away"