[Linux-cluster] Using RHCS with drbd

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Jun 23 15:47:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 13:03 +0200, carlopmart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I need to deploy different drbd devices using RHCS (without GFS and a
> shared storage). Is it possible to mount drbd devices before rgmanager
> starts up configrued services? Do I use /etc/ha.d/resources.d/drbddisk
> provided by drbd package (heatbeat use this script to accomplish this)?
>
> Many thans.

I haven't tried this; I assume /etc/ha.d/resources.d/drbddisk is a
script, right?  If so...

  <service name="foo" ...>
    <script name="drbd" file="/etc/ha.d/resources.d/drbddisk">
      <script name="httpd" file="/etc/init.d/httpd"/>
    </script>
  </service>

This is basically a parent/child dependency: "drbd" will be started
before "httpd", and stopped after httpd has been stopped.

It might be possible to grab linux-ha's drbd resource and use it almost
out of the box with RHCS, but I haven't tried this either.  Either way,
rgmanager should probably have a DRBD resource agent at some point.

-- Lon