[Linux-cluster] two node cluster not coming up

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 17:38:14 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Just installed a 2-node cluster 15 mins ago, by the book, using bob
peterson's cookbook and the official CS guide, but only one of my nodes
comes up and joins the cluster, the other one stays in the "joining" state
with the message in "/var/log/messages" file stating

cman: cman_tool: Node is already active failed

it had tried pretty hard to join the cluster when I was first bringing it up
and even says

"Connected to cluster infrastructure via: CMAN/SM Plugin v1.1.5"
Initial status:: Inquorate
Remote copy of cluster.conf is from quorate node.
Local Version # : 3
Remote version #: 3

Note, I don't have the "fenced" running yet. Also I had specified in my
cluster.conf file thusly

<cman two_node="1" expected_votes="1">
  </cman>

What am I doing wrong?