[Linux-cluster] Using GULM with CLVM

Ugo PARSI ugo.parsi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:12:59 UTC 2006

> > Nothing has to be changed for LVM / CLVM ?
> > I start / use them the same way ?
>
> That's right. clvmd will detect that it's running with gulm rather than cman.

I've tried but can't figure on how to make it work.
Do you know any logs that I could check ?

ccsd starts fine.
gulmd takes like 1 or 2 secs and seems ok.
then when I start clvmd it takes a big time (like 60 seconds).
then lvm is stuck/zombie or dies whatever the action I make (not the
cannot find socket error)

venus:~# ps aux | grep lvm
root      2987  0.0  0.9 21072 1256 ?        Ss   21:31   0:00 clvmd
root      2991  0.0  0.0     0    0 ?        Z    21:31   0:00 [lvm] <defunct>

> Well, it depends on how many locks there are obviously. but GFS caches locks
> for speed so you can end up with quite a lot!
> --

Okay, but I'm not planning on using GFS anyway at the moment, I'm only
using the CLVM part of the cluster package.

Thanks,

Ugo PARSI

--
An apple a day, keeps the doctor away