[Linux-cluster] Buffer I/O error on dev cciss c0d0p9, lost pagewrite due to io error

Deval kulshrestha deval.kulshrestha at progression.com
Thu Mar 2 12:47:36 UTC 2006

Hi

Whenever I write some large file on SAN Logical Volume, after writing some
data it gives me error in /var/log/message.

as follows:

          Feb 28 11:08:53 s1_new kernel: cciss: cmd f7400000 timedout

          Feb 28 11:08:54 s1_new kernel: cciss: cmd f7436fb4 timedout

          Feb 28 11:08:54 s1_new kernel: printk: 232 messages suppressed.

          Feb 28 11:08:54 s1_new kernel: Buffer I/O error on device
cciss/c0d0p9, logical block 2162845

          Feb 28 11:08:54 s1_new kernel: lost page write due to I/O error on
cciss/c0d0p9

Also it is noticed that when started with clean reboot of systems servers
including SAN device)

I/O on SAN works very fast for the first few seconds then it starts timeout
and page lost errors

This is HP MSA 500G2 connected with HP DL 360 G4 , RHEL 4 ES U1(2.6.9-11)
RHCS4

With Regard

Deval K.

Progression Infonet Pvt. Ltd.
55, Independent Electronic Modules,
Sector - 18, Electronic City,
Gurgaon - 122015
Tel          : - 0124 - 2455070, Ext. 215, Fax: 91-124-2398647
Mobile   : - 98186 -82509
URL        : - www.progression.com

Privileged or confidential information may be contained
in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated
in this message (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), please delete this message and
kindly notify the sender by an emailed reply. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that
do not relate to the official business of Progression
and its associate entities shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by them.