[Linux-cluster] Any recommentdations for Oracle on a Netapp filer ?

Ewald Beekman E.H.Beekman at amc.nl
Fri Mar 3 12:57:28 UTC 2006

Hi Lon,

Is the howto available on the net? I would like to play around with
GFS and i suspect a NFS shared storage is the simplest way to try
it out.

best regards,
Ewald...

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 02:29:43PM -0500, Lon Hohberger wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 11:19 +0100, Weyns, Frank wrote:
> > I'm designing a  very simple oracle cluster with a NetApp filer.
> > Just two nodes, one oracle production instance falling over to the second node if needed.
> > Second node running the "test-acceptance" oracle instance, which is brought down if needed.
> >
> > The Oracle filesystems ( binary, database and archive logs) will be nfs mounted.
> > (I worked with Fiber SANs before, not a NetApp I have my doubts but you can take them away ;-)
> >
> > Any caveats ? Any best practices. Why should I avoid nfs or why is it good ? Versions to have or avoid.)
>
> I wrote a howto on how to do it with SAN storage for 10g Release 2.
> It's fairly similar, I suspect, to how one might do it with NFS; it's
> attached to Bugzilla 182423 if you want to give it a peek and/or make
> comments.
>
> -- Lon

Ewald Beekman, Security Engineer, Academic Medical Center,
dept. ADB/ICT Computer & Network Services, The Netherlands
## Your mind-mint is:
The IRS spends God knows how much of your tax money on these toll-free
information hot lines staffed by IRS employees, whose idea of a dynamite tax
tip is that you should print neatly.  If you ask them a real tax question,
such as how you can cheat, they're useless.

So, for guidance, you want to look to big business.  Big business never pays
a nickel in taxes, according to Ralph Nader, who represents a big consumer
organization that never pays a nickel in taxes...
		-- Dave Barry, "Sweating Out Taxes"