[Linux-cluster] vsftpd clusterized in virtual IP + iscsi initiator question

Simon Bridgwater s.bridgwater at sinergy.it
Mon Mar 6 09:24:40 UTC 2006

Hi
I am new to the red hat cluster suite and have recently set up a two
node HA cluster (Red Hat Cluster Suite 4) with iscsi inititiatior
software (iscsid) and a netapp as the iscsi storage target.
I have a problem with clusterizing vsftpd on a virtual IP that belongs
to the cluster (not the real node's IP) . If I bind vsftpd standalone on
the real IP of the node it works fine (listen_address ip_real). If I
bind vsftpd standalone on a virtual IP defined as a cluster resource it
starts to give me problems. Ftp clients (even from the localhost)
connect but after a few "ls" commands it starts to get a "passive mode
refused". Has anybody any suggestions ?
Also I have the following question. I have two network cards in each
node in an active-failover ethernet channel bond. The two cards are
connected to two seperate switches for fault tollerance.  If RHCS 4
doesn't use a quorum partition and the heartbeat is exclusively via
network, how can the cluster tell when the iscsi initiator connection is
down (while the network is up) and failover to the other node ?

Simon Bridgwater