[Linux-cluster] Few Doubts About "GFS + ISCSI with Multipathing And NIC Bonding"

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Mon Mar 13 13:36:33 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 18:30 +0530, updatemyself . wrote:
> Hai All,
>
> I have few questions to ask..
> i already have a setup of GPFS Cluster on SAN with mulipathing (total
> 12 TB Volumes)
> And planning to go for a Another One With GFS + ISCSI with
> Multipathing And NIC Bonding
>
> So my doubt are about
> 1, Multipathing
> 2, NIC Bonding
> 3, Whats the Option for ISCSI Multipath same as RDAC in SAN
> 4, Comparison of GPFS on SAN and GFS with ISCSI (which is better )
> 5, Is it needed to go for Redhat AS or Fedora Core 4 is enough?

Jerrynikky,

I can answer #5 easily.  Do you require Enterprise-level support for
your implementation or are you just setting this up to play around?  If
you require Enterprise support with a vendor's throat to choke when
something dies, you absolutely need to pursue Red Hat AS or ES.

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.