[Linux-cluster] lock_dlm kernel panics

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Fri Mar 17 22:40:43 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 03:38:59PM -0600, Paul Tader wrote:
> Mar 17 11:38:02 nodename kernel: d0 unlock fe20017a no id

GFS is trying to unlock a lock that doesn't exist which causes the panic.
We know this happens if cman shuts down the dlm while it's in use (cman
does this if it's lost connection with the cluster.)  There's some new
output in the RHEL4U3 dlm that should tell us if that's in fact what's
happening or if there's some other cause that we need to uncover.

So, you should look on all nodes for any cman messages in
/var/log/messages or the console.  And when you're using the latest
version look for the new dlm message "WARNING: dlm_emergency_shutdown".

Dave