[Linux-cluster] fencing trouble with fence_wti

toxictux toxictux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 02:35:00 UTC 2006

hi all,
     i setup a 2 node cluster with http service. everything seems ok
except for the fencing. i am using WTI ips 800. my problem is,
whenever one of the nodes goes down. it does not get fenced. i get
messages in my syslog

""fencing node "node2"""
""fence "node2" failed""

when i do
$fence_node node2
it doesnt work either.

i get following error message in my syslog
Fence of "node2" was unsuccessful

however, when i manually do it with fence_wti, it works,

$fence_wti -a 216.xxx.xxx.xxx -p passwd -n 2

i am unable to see any other messages anywhere else.

can anyone give any pointers?? or any suggestions on getting detailed
debug message?

Thanks
-F