[Linux-cluster] Seeking Backup Linux Cluster

Richard Colman colman at codagenomics.com
Mon Mar 20 15:27:30 UTC 2006

I need to provide a "back-up" cluster to our main cluster, say 4 nodes with
head and NFS DATA. We primarily run lisp, perl and shell in a parallel,
asynchronous, parallel processing mode - no hosting, serving or anything
like that.

Can anyone recommend any cost-effective approaches, from buying time on
another cluster, to renting a dedicated cluster on a hosting service, to
purchasing low-cost but reliable hardware, etc.

Your experiences much appreciated.

Rick Colman