[Linux-cluster] Fencing Methods

Hendershot, Zach zhendershot at cranel.com
Mon Mar 20 18:16:37 UTC 2006

Hello,
    I was wondering about various fencing methods. We don't have any
"supported" hardware available to do proper fencing via the Red Hat
fencing agents. Other clustered filesystems like the Veritas CFS and
Oracle's ocfs2 solve the fencing problem by simply panic'ing the machine
to keep the IO from hitting the disk. My question is this: can I
configure GFS to do the same thing? Has anybody done this before? Is
this even suggested or is there a "Better Way". Thanks for your help.

Zach Hendershot
Software Engineer
Cranel, Incorporated.
Phone: 614.318.4288