[Linux-cluster] cluster across different storage devices

Simon Bridgwater s.bridgwater at sinergy.it
Thu Mar 23 10:08:23 UTC 2006

Hi,
    I would like to know if the following setup is supported by Red Hat
Cluster Suite 4.

I want three nodes in failover with two nodes connected to one storage
unit and another node connected to another secondary storage unit. Each
node can be connected either by fibre channel or iscsi. The secondary
storage unit is replicated syncronously from the primary storage unit.

If one of the two nodes connected to the primary storage fails then the
service fails-over to the second node connected to the primary storage
unit.
If the primary storage unit fails the whole cluster should fail over to
the one node connected to the secondary storage unit.

Is this kind of setup possibile ? They tell me that with other linux
clusters this type of setup is possible.

Simon Bridgwater
Sinergy